Accessing Higher Ground focuses on the implementation and benefits of:
- Accessible media, Universal Design and Assistive Technology in the university, business and public setting;
- Legal and policy issues, including ADA and 508 compliance;
- The creation of accessible media and information resources, including Web pages and library resources.
For institutions of Higher Education:
- there is a strong focus on campus accommodation, Universal Design and curriculum accessibility.
For businesses and other audiences:
- there are numerous sessions on best practices for web design, reaching untapped audiences through accessible design, and compliance with existing and anticipated Section 508 and ADA stipulations.