UDL Tips for Developing Learning Goals
This tip sheet from CAST provides ten Universal Design for Learning (UDL) tips that educators can consult for developing learning goals. Based on the UDL framework, the tips include the following:
- Start with a clear goal.
- Share goals in multiple ways.
- Frame goals with expert learning in mind.
- Separate the goal from the means.
- Prepare your assessment with the goals in mind.
- Include opportunities for personal connections to the goals.
- Divide large goals into sub-goals or objectives.
- Consider the process as well as the end product.
- Provide models and examples.
- Make time for reflection.
The tip sheet also provides a list of additional resources about UDL.