Inclusive Education Roadmap (IER)
This resource from the TIES Center provides a roadmap for quality inclusive education programs for students with cognitive disabilities. Information on equity, civil rights, and research lenses; core values and outcomes; science foundations; supportive leadership; and other areas accompany this roadmap. The roadmap is broken down into the following five steps:
- Getting started: This section includes information on recruiting, organizing, visions, missions, LRE data, and more.
- Reflecting on an Inclusive System of Education (The RISE): This section highlights different focus areas for inclusive education and the multiple features that each focus area contains.
- Conduct an initiative inventory: This section outlines inventory activities, including who will take the inventory, how it will be analyzed, and more.
- Action planning using implementation drivers: This section describes how to develop 3-year SMARTIE goals, as well as an annual plan using implementation drivers.
- Implement and sustain the inclusive education system: This sections highlights how institutions can sustain their inclusive education programs. Information on conducting continuous learning, expanding the communication plan, determining when to scale up and/or add new priorities, and expanding the impact of implementation drivers is provided.
An inclusive education action plan, TIES implementation resources, and other resources are also provided.